Through 2020 and 2021 the COVID-19 pandemic created a large-scale remote work scenario that came to fruition very quickly. Remote work has been a growing trend in the United States but almost immediately entire companies, industries and a county we’re working from home. For companies that rely on agents interacting with customers presents a daunting situation. Even amidst the chaos, some organizations actually came out better – and many of them had previously implemented a contact-center-as-a-service solution. Imagine less overhead, less physical space, less server capacity and a better customer experience? It seems too good to be true, but enabling remote call centers is entirely possible and extremely efficient.
The CCaaS Market
It’s hard to believe only 36% of call centers are currently using cloud-based technology to enhance their customer and agent experience. The early adopters we’re the smaller and more agile companies who had not yet invested heavily into on-premises solutions. However, lately even the largest companies and call centers in the world are switching to the cloud.
Top Reasons to Move to the Cloud
According to Aberdeen Research there are 5 main reasons that an organization should want to move their contact center to a cloud-based solution.
- Financial flexibility – it comes as no surprise that organizations felt this was the strongest reason to move to the cloud. Removing on-premises contact centers reduced physical space expenses, IT related costs and additional overhead. CCaaS solutions enable scaling up and down without the need to carry the costs that used to be associated with scale.
- Increase uptime – There is nothing worse for a business than angry customers. Contact center uptime is highly correlated with happier customers. A cloud-based solution mitigates the risk of downtime and ultimately provides a better customer experience.
- Better applications – with an on-premises model a contact center may have to hire desktop monitoring software employees with specific skill sets related to analytics and routing calls. With the cloud model the CCaaS can integrate solutions that can perform these tasks to help lower costs and improve agent output.
- Regulation – Our world is becoming a highly regulated place, especially as it pertains to customer data. By using a CCaaS much of the compliance is on the solution to stay up to date and provide top end encryption. This not only lowers costs to the business, but also mitigates risk for a breach and the consequences of it.
- Strategic Initiatives – By hiring a 3rd party to manage IT and the risks associated, it allows companies to focus on strategy and execution of business plans.
If you’re ready to move your contact center to the cloud, schedule a call with the team at TelcoSolutions to find the best options in the market, at the best prices!